This page last changed on Aug 10, 2007 by scytacki.
- edit the headers of the table, which changes the titles on the graph
- color the data table to match the line colors
- identifying outlying data points, should they included or are they outlyers.
- selection of a point label it.
- select a range too
- showing the greatest slope requires 2 points
- select line, click some tool, (slope) = (deltaY)/(deltaX)
- ability to deal with real data with lots of noisy data points.
- turn this into
- setup a board with wax paper, wood and steel, block moving down the surface.
- graph distance verus time for initial conditions
- verbalize difference in the graphs.
- describe the differences between two sets of data.
- have a selection tool, then describe about that range.
- questions to ask:
- point to the spot, where block was going fastest?
- graph can tell if that is right, or wrong.
- how long did it take to get to the end of the slide.
- have the student point to that spot on the graph to identify this.
- student picks a data set and runs a veritcal line across the graph and describe what is happening at that point
- in the 2 data set case both lines are the same.
- if we can select a point or area
- then the graph tells the slope or value of the area
- what is the value of the graph when the time is 2
- how long did it take to get from lenght 2 to lenght 10
- answer is 5 sec.
- if they are wrong flash it.
Coach with an activity:
- while the coach is describing the story the graph gets highlighted in different ways. As the coach says the student starts at the top, that part is highlighted.
- plant growth
- height each day different colors and labels
- ask where is the growth the greatest.
- be able to show the comparsion between sequential bars.
- highlight delta areas of the bars.
Flip back and forth between line and graph:
General form 1:
- ask them a question
- have them highlight the part of the graph
- give them guidance, using a verbal script, that can be filled in with information from the graph.
- decribe a bar with words, using a verbal script with variables
- the verbal script can change based on the conditions of the bar.
Large new idea is verbal scripts
- give the Author tools to write scripts that can be based on the
- add a button to the activity which programmically selects two points and then uses the functionally above to describe it.