This page last changed on Apr 14, 2009 by aunger.
We at the Concord Consortium released a new version of ITSI on March 23, 2009, at 11 p.m. Eastern Time and wanted to outline the new features.
If you have deleted your old ITSI downloads or this will be your first time downloading ITSI to a new computer, expect at least ten minutes for download. Though it may take as little as 45 seconds if you have a high-speed connection, please allow for extra time.
|Update (March 18, 2009, 3 p.m.)|
Please plan on running an ITSI activity on every student computer. Because you may run these updates simultaneously, plan on several minutes for the update. The update involves downloading about 8MB of data, and so would take approximately one minute for a single computer on a typical network. Slow networks will take longer, as will updating multiple computers at the same time.
The new ITSI release includes improvements for:
- Better learner data saving, especially in the case of software or system crashes.
- Added stability for activity launching and how ITSI handles temporary network problems.
- While a sensor is collecting data, hitting clear will now stop the sensor and clear the graph. (Previously, "clear" would clear the graph, but the sensor would continue collecting data.)
- The auto-scrolling feature of the graph will now scroll appropriately for the currently selected graph. (In the past, the auto-scroller would automatically jump to the largest x value on any dataset, not just the currently selected dataset.)
- ITSI now supports the use of these products.
Getting the Release
To get the new release, go to the ITSI portal at http://itsi.portal.concord.org/signin/
Login with your username and password, then run any ITSI activity. It's that easy!
If you have any questions or experience any problems during or after the new ITSI download, please complete a support ticket here:
The ITSI team at the Concord Consortium