This page last changed on Dec 11, 2007 by sfentress.
Deadlines (working backward)
Fresno and Alaska have bad networks.
Alaska starts sometime in February.
Fresno starts in Jan. 03
- 6th grade 150 students per teacher 3 6th,
- computer labs -
- 2 sites: manchester and acomo
- carts: 15 computers in a cart.
- 2 computer rooms in acomo
- don't know about shared home folders.
- Brian is leaving on Jan. 1
- Going to use for the whole school year,
- going to use it when they can.
- Initial download should be faster
- Local Server support for user data
- CD or flash drive install.
Runtime User Interface Changes
- new image map, clickable udl tree, navigation UI
- coaches aren't used by students much
- better tts voices
- real people reading stories
- optional automatic level changing
- real time polling of student answers
- arbitrary branches/levels for content areas of activities, possibly in response to student's actions
- videos or other tools for technical help
- Flash support
- Spanish for Fresno
- need authoring tool support for translation
- need to check runtime support works in schools
- pdf or print out of activity with student work
- grading of pre and post test
- concise report of work completed by student
- support for classes
- basic reports.
- support for teacher to select languague, font, color
- support for teacher to select level
- support for teacher to enable post test
- more tools so authors can practically create and modify more of the activities
- data table connected to bar graph, and line graph
- single value data collector connected to data table
- translation authoring
- rearranging of pages
- improve basic authoring tool
- automatic saving
- undo support
- viewing changes
- improve parts of tool that already work:
- wysiwyg text editing
- scaffolded question authoring
- better support for collaborative authoring
- integrated content management
- support for shared objects
- viewing changes
- make an authoring tool that teachers are comfortable using