This page last changed on Sep 19, 2006 by scytacki.
Install Palm Desktop
First you must have the Palm Desktop software installed on your (teacher's) computer. You can obtain this from the CD that came with the Palms, or you can download the software free from the Internet.
For Windows: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/win_desktop.html
For Mac: http://www.palm.com/us/support/macintosh/mac_desktop.html
Record Palm usernames
Be sure your Palms are charged up and that each one has a username in the Palm Desktop software on your (teacher's) computer.
Keep a record of the students that are using each Palm. Their work will be saved only on that palm, so they must use the same palm each day.
- Go to this page http://teemss2.concord.org/palm/releases/current.htm
- Pick the files that go with your equipment: Pasco AirLink SI or Imagiprobe LC.
- Download both the SensorPort-?.prc file and the LabBook-?.pdb file to your desktop or some convenient place.
Transferring files to Palms
|NOTE: when you transfer the files, it will erase the previous software and student work.|
- Using a PC: Along with the Palm Desktop, there is an application called Palm Quick Install. Open it, select a user, and transfer the two files, SensorPort.prc and LabBook.pdb, to each Palm.
- Using a Mac: In Palm Desktop under ?HotSync?, choose a user and then choose ?install handheld files?. Transfer the two files, SensorPort.prc and LabBook.pdb, to each Palm.