This page last changed on Feb 04, 2005 by sbannasch.
TEEMSS2 Embedded Assessments
Embedded Assessment Design Questions
- What types of embedded assessments will we support?
- How, when and by whom will they be created?
- How will the data collected be presented to students, teachers, and researchers?
- Multiple users beable to use the same palm, will their response kept separate?
Types of Assessments
of the Assessment
|| text, image, drawing, table, graph, data collection
||text, image, drawing. datatable, graph, model
|| text, image, drawing, datatable, graph, model
These are the types of content objects that can be used to represent the content of an assessment. They can be mixed to form compund documents.
- Text: simple formatted text (bold, italics, headings, lists, ? links ?)
- Links: A link can be text or an image
- Image: either photos or processed images
- Drawing: similar to an image however it takes much less memory as only the data for the strokes are saved
- Datatable: this is a CCPortfolio table of data
- Graph: this is a CCPortfolio graph of data
- Model: this is a manipulatible model-based simulation
Types of Response Data
These are the types of data created explicitly or implicitly be the user which can be collected and used to create reports.
- Text (written)
- Numeric (written or selected from a range)
- Multiple Choice (select from a list)
- Graph (either collected or constructed)
- Data samples (ability to use group names so each member of the group is required to collect a sample)
Notes and Resources from our Conversations