This page last changed on Jun 01, 2009 by kbell.
Week 1 Technology
- pretest (30 min)
- teacher intro (25 min)
- verbal start
- student groups choose a video and describe in
- all descriptions are made available to all groups, and teacher
- verbally discuss good description, give a pivotal idea\
- groups revise what they wrote
- homework: describe more videos
- teacher demos motion sensor (5 min)
- game: position slalom (15 min)
- series of graphs each more difficult with automatic scoring as they get close to matching each graph
- inquiry index
- computed based on tries, and score increasing over time
- scytacki: I don't believe that index will correlate to inquiry
- activity: predict, try, evaluate prediction, evaluate ideas (25 min)
- conceptual probe: graph produced by teacher and student sent to each student group. (10min)
- groups annotate the graph: closest, farthest, fastest, and stopped.
- graphs marked with group pseudonym and shown aggregated to the class.
- before class teacher has to predict student performance, this is combined with actual results on teacher computer.
- homework: predict a graph of objects motion over 3 meters, also can play slalom game outside of class
- optional activity: students create x,t pairs for a graph then try to reproduce the graph.