This page last changed on Mar 24, 2008 by skim.
- What are those 'non-project' directories in cvs? In other words, what makes a project go under "projects"?
- Related to the above, there are multiple svn repositories in otto. Is only svn/projecs our target?
- Everything at once or incremental/sporadic?
answer: must add to the existing repositories, so incremental approach is relevant in any case.
- Layout of the new repository?
answer: Proposed layout: Layout of svn repository
ERROR: '/Users/skim/sk/proj/cvs2svn/cvs/CodeBank/Concord/src/org/concord/mw2d/images/Thermometer.gif,v' is not a valid ,v file
Solution: remove the file from cvs. It doesn't show to cvs client anyway.
ERROR: It is not clear how the following symbols should be converted.
Use --force-tag, --force-branch, --exclude, and/or --symbol-default to
resolve the ambiguity.
'fall2004mac' is a tag in 338 files, a branch in 1 files and has commits in 1 files
'moLo' is a tag in 164 files, a branch in 3 files and has commits in 3 files
'molecularWorkbench' is a tag in 204 files, a branch in 18 files and has commits in 18 files
'ccAtoms' is a tag in 60 files, a branch in 2 files and has commits in 2 files
Solution: force them to be branches. Was gonna force to tags, but it turns out it's impossible when there's more than one commit for them.
ERROR: svnadmin failed with the following output while loading the dumpfile:
svnadmin: File already exists: filesystem '/Users/skim/sk/proj/cvs2svn/svn/projects/db', transaction '852-2', path 'trunk'
Solution: cvs2svn can't do anything about it when the repository pre-exists. Will try dump first and run "svnadmin load" and see how it goes.
svn: Failed to add directory 'branches/cc': object of the same name already exists
conflict: cc and CC under /branches
Add path of cvs2svn_rcsparse to PYTHONPATH.
- Freeze repositories (cvs AND svn)
- Get a copy of cvs repository
cp -ra CodeBank CodeBank.old
- Re-organize CodeBank.new
rehash_cvs CodeBank.old CodeBank.new/projects
remove workbench (it'll be moved later)
cp -ra CodeBank.old/CVSROOT CodeBank.new/
- Verify options and run cvs2svn to create projects.dump
- Backup svn repository
cp -rap projects projects.backup
- Create /temp on svn and move existing entries under temp
- Load dump from cvs2svn
svnadmin load $(SVNREPOS) < projects.dump
- Move the entries under /temp back to proper places
- Check out the whole repository and update names in .project, .classpath, and launchers.
- Modify otrunk-ide/eclipse/OTrunkProjectSet.psf.
- Modify pom.xml files.
- Check back in.
- Unlock svn
Moving Molecular Workbench
Re: TSC:Charles UDL Tasks Feb 2008, MW is the last project left in CVS/projects.
1. Create the options file (options_mw) from options from above.
Make sure the projects go under /temp of the repository initially. /temp must not exist at the time of loading:
$ mkdir CodeBank
$ cd CodeBank
$ cp -ra /home/buildspace/CodeBank/CVSROOT .
$ mkdir -p projects/common/java/simulations
$ cd projects/common/java/simulations
$ cp -ra /home/buildspace/CodeBank/Projects/MW mw
$ cvs2svn --options=options_mw
$ cp -rap /home/subversion/projects projects.backup ##Backup /home/subverision/projects
$ svnadmin load /home/subversion/projects < projects.dump
3. Cleanup (#9 through #12) above.