This page last changed on May 02, 2007 by scytacki.
This list of dimensions for evaluating groupware
- Mailing List
- Web Forum
- Personal/Group Calendar
- Resource Calendar
- Contact List
- Shared unstructured document creation
- Shared structured document / database
- All of these things could be available when a user is offline.
- All of these things could have version control.
- Web applications
- Client applications
- Cyrus IMAP
- Lotus Notes
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Applie iCalendar, Mail, Contacts
- Palm Desktop
- Mozilla Sunbird
- Complexity - how many different pieces of software and protocols are used. How many different software settings will an admin need to know.
- Completeness - how many platforms will have full coverage of the different interactions types.
- Interoperability - can data be shared between different interaction types, and between different pieces of software.
- Open - does the system allow new clients to be used, or is it locked in.